How Long Does it Take to Move House?
One of the biggest mistakes we see clients make is underestimating how long it really takes for furniture removalists to move their house. We regularly have people tell us we can move their house in 1,2 or 3 hours and 90% of the time this is unreal expectation.
As professional removalists we have to complete your move with the upmost care to ensure there are no damages to your furniture, walls etc. whilst marinating a high level of safety.
How do we do this?
We make this possible by wrapping almost every item of furniture in our thick furniture removalists blankets, While stacking everything in the correct order and tying it in with our furniture removalists tie’s.
All this takes time to be done correctly.
There are several factors that contribute and determine the total time it takes to complete your local furniture removal.
ESTIMATED AVERAGE TIMES FOR YOUR MOVE
Tell me more!
Below is a list of things to consider when working out how long it will take to move house:
• How close are we able to park the truck to your house, apartment etc
• Ground level or lowset.
• How many flights of stairs if any.
• Long and narrow hallways.
• Distance to carry out furniture to the removalist truck.
• Loose items not packed in boxes, (Very Important)
• How much furniture and loose items.
• Odd sizes boxes – Use proper removalist boxes to save time and money
• Size of the elevator and doorways
• Antique/fragile furniture
• Several pickup or delivery locations
• How many items need to be disassembled and reassembled.
• Pictures and glass aren’t bubble wrapped
As you can see there are a lot of things to consider when getting movers in for your local furniture removal.
Other thing to consider in your estimating you long your move will take.
Are you going to pack all of our boxes your self?
Are you going to require some of our professional removalists pre-packers to come in and pack your house up properly a day or 2 before the removal.
Are you going to use proper removalists boxes or use cheap odd sized ones? Using odd sized boxes not only makes it harder to pack safely but also makes it harder and slower for the furniture removalists to pack in to the truck.
Platinum Furniture Removals hope’s this has been of great value to you.
Please share with your friends if you have liked this removals blog post.